Saturday, August 23, 2014

Late Night

Since I am a tad bit of a night owl, I figured I would write something about myself now. For starters, I am a bit of a loner. Never was that popular girl in high school, going out all the time. Didn't have a high school love. I was fine with that. I think that gave me the time and space I needed to get to know myself and really figure out my likes and dislikes. Throughout high school I played soccer, basketball, and lacrosse. I cannot remember a time I was not playing sports. At this point you could say my life revolves around them, or a particular one now, lacrosse. I am going to be a sophomore in college, but my freshman year I attended a different institution. Realizing it wasn't for me half way through the year was a tough time. The people I was surrounded by weren't my best friends like everyone says your college friends will be. I was more excited to be home than at school. Even though home was nothing too exciting the past year or so. About a year ago I was living in New Jersey, then I was off to school in Massachusetts, soon after my parents were making a move to Connecticut, returning to a new Connecticut home in the summer was alarming, only to move back to New Jersey a month later.  So here I am, in New Jersey, a different town than the one I came from, devoting my days to reading books and doing summer workouts for lacrosse. Books were actually what inspired me to start writing. I have been quite the book worm this summer and slowly realizing how much I love books and everything that they have to offer. My family is my everything, having two older brothers whom I consider my best friends lead me to be quite a tomboy which I was never mad about. I always wanted to tag along with them so I learned to keep up. My parents are always inspiring me and I cannot be thankful enough for everything that they do for me. They have taught me everything I need to know to have the courage to be who I want to be. I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason, whether or not it is a good reason, things happen. I also try to live by the saying 'don't judge a book by it's cover.' Maybe personal experience has brought that upon me, regardless you never know what is going on with someone. There may be a reason for someone rushing past you in the supermarket and knocking into you accidentally without saying sorry. The truth is you never really know. I am a simple person just trying to make sense of some drifting thoughts throughout these passing days.
~TR

No comments:

Post a Comment